International & EU Applicants

The European School of Osteopathy’s reputation attracts students from around the world

The breadth and quality of our osteopathic degree programme attracts students from across the world, with a wide variety of qualifications and experience – approximately 50% of our students are not from the UK creating a truly cosmopolitan atmosphere.

The UK is one of the few countries in the world where osteopathy has gained statutory recognition; this means the profession is regulated and that the title Osteopath is protected.  UK schools that provide a recognised osteopathic degree course are regularly inspected by the governing body of the profession – the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC).  This ensures very high teaching standards are met and provides quality assurance for students choosing to study in the UK.

An osteopathic degree gained in the UK is also highly regarded on a global scale; UK registered osteopaths, who have qualified from a UK school, are eligible to practice in New Zealand; There is also a reciprocal arrangement in place between New Zealand and Australia – 2 years in New Zealand provides the recognition needed to practice in Australia; A UK qualification is informally recognised in Commonwealth countries that do not have statutory regulation and some of our graduates have chosen to practice in South-East Asia; The qualification is also informally recognised in the Gulf States, as an area formerly of very strong British influence.

Osteopathic legislation does vary from country to country, so if you are looking to practice outside of the UK you will need to look at the specific requirements of the country you wish to practice in.

Student Visas

In some cases non-EU students may need at VISA to study in the UK.  The ESO holds a Tier 4 Sponsor Licence, enabling us to issue International (non-EU) students with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) – a unique reference number needed in order to obtain a UK entry visa under the Tier 4 (General) Points Based System (PBS).

Application process for International (non-EU) applicants

The application and registration process for International applicants differs to that of UK/EU and there are additional legal requirements and conditions to adhere to once in the UK.  To help explain the process we have put together an International Student Guide.  Please be aware, this is a guide only and must be used in conjunction with the Home Office’s Tier 4 Policy Guidance and all other web pages it makes reference to.

If you have any questions about joining the ESO please feel free to contact our Admissions team on +44 (0)1622 671558 or email – we’re here to help.

The enrollment process for EU and UK citizens is currently aligned.  To find out what qualifications you’ll need to enrol please visit the Entry Requirements page. Information about tuition fees and the financial support available can be found on the Fees & Funding section of this website. We have also produced an EU Student Guide which provides useful information about studying in the UK – if you have any questions about joining the School please feel free to contact our Admissions team on +44 (0)1622 671558 or email

We are aware that the UK’s decision to leave the European Union may be a cause for concern for EU students – information relating specifically to Brexit can be found here.