The BSc (Hons) Osteopathy
The BSc(Hons) Osteopathy is a modified attendance degree. It has been introduced to bridge the gap for students wanting to combine their studies with other commitments, such as family life or alongside work. Key points of the BSc(Hons):-
- a full-time degree programme, delivered over four years, with blended learning (online and in person lectures) to allow flexibility
- taught element delivered over two evenings a week and one Saturday a month at the British College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) in London, with additional hours to attend BCOM’s teaching clinic
- additional hours for required self-directed study and for optional tutorials
- after successful completion, graduates can apply for registration with the General Osteopathic Council and the General Council and Register of Naturopaths and then launch straight into a career as an osteopath
- this is a NEW osteopathy degree programme starting September 2022* – it is currently only being offered at our London campus.
*Please note this BSc (Hons) programme has been validated by the University of Plymouth, our partner University. The BSc (Hons) programme is undergoing formal review by the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) in order to achieve ‘recognised qualification’ status. GOsC visited in January 2022 and their report will be considered for recognition in May 2022. This recognition will be subject to the Privy Council approval after that, in accordance with the Osteopaths Act 1993.