An update for applicants and new students
The European School of Osteopathy will be re-opening its doors in September
We are pleased to confirm that our new academic year will begin on Monday 21st September, with new, widespread measures in place – to support the safety and well-being of all our students, staff and patients and to maintain a high quality educational and clinical experience.
We will provide a ‘Covid Secure’ working and learning environment. Students will have access to our campus and be able to study and engage with other students and staff, as well having the opportunity to learn and study online.
As part of our ‘Covid Secure’ risk assessment, we have implemented a number of processes and changes which include, but are not limited to:
Managing the physical space to support social distancing by:
- Creating multiple ‘learning zones’ across the campus, identifying and transforming large spaces into areas featuring well-spaced tables with plastic dividing screens
- Creating new library and study facilities at the Clinic
- Providing regular socially distanced face-to-face tutorials, group work, clinical experience and access to specialist facilities
- Implementing a revised timetabling system, thereby limiting the number of students on either site at any one time
- Setting up carefully managed walking routes including one-way navigation
- Introducing revised catering services to minimise queues and allow safe social eating
- Providing free parking and bike racks
Managing the sites to reduce infection risks by:
- Instigating a rigorous COVID-19 accredited cleansing programme throughout all teaching and clinic buildings
- Providing PPE for staff and students in practical and clinic settings
- Ensuring there are adequate additional sanitiser stations at the entrance and exit of all rooms
- Increasing patient screening, hygiene and movement controls at the ESO Clinic
- Managing Clinic sessions in accordance with sector guidance, with reduced group sizes and video link observation of treatments
Managing a high-quality learning and teaching experience by:
- Making large cohort lectures available online
- Providing additional online support materials to support face-to-face and practical learning
At the European School of Osteopathy, we are proud of our student-first approach, as well as our leadership in osteopathic education. It is our highest priority to ensure students are able to learn in a happy and safe environment, whilst experiencing the academic standards and extensive breadth of clinical knowledge and osteopathic approaches for which we are renowned.
On behalf of everyone at the ESO, please continue to stay safe. We understand these are different times and we would encourage you to contact a member of the ESO team with any concerns you may have. You can contact our Admissions Team here.