Learning resources at the ESO
The Library at Boxley House provides a wide range of information resources to support the School’s curriculum including:-
- More than 7,500 texts including books on a wide range of medical and health sciences topics, osteopathy and its history, statistics, ethics, differential diagnosis and other manual therapies
- Undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and dissertations
- A collection of mainly peer-reviewed journals in the field of osteopathy and manual therapy (students also have access to online databases of journal articles in Science Direct and through our partnership with Buckinghamshire New University)
- Educational DVDs and a large collection of in-house lectures and tutorials, also on DVD
- More than 200 anatomical models
- Study space and a computer room/DVD screening room, plus up-to-date laptops available for students to borrow
- Photocopying, printing and scanning facilities
- Links with other osteopathic and health sector libraries enabling rapid document supply and inter-library loans of items not held at ESO
- Assistance with obtaining SCONUL cards for study access to 173 academic libraries right across the UK
The Clinic Library at ESO’s Maidstone clinic is being substantially renovated and restocked and will be fully operational in its new form by Easter 2020. Resources available at the Clinic Library include books and other documents and access to the same online resources as at Boxley House, as well as study spaces and photocopying, printing and scanning facilities.
Books and documents can be borrowed from and returned to either site. There will be daily shuttles operating between the two sites; items unavailable at one can be requested from the other site and will be available the next day. Both libraries will be staffed.
Please click on the link below to access the ESO Library catalogue.
Opening Times Term Time
Monday: 8.30am to 7.30pm
Tuesday: 8.00am to 7.30pm
Wednesday: 8.00am to 7.30pm
Thursday: 8.00am to 7.30pm
Friday: 8.30am to 6.00pm
Opening Times Non-Term Time
Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 12.00 noon and 1.00pm to 5.00pm
If you would like more information regarding the library, please contact the Library staff on: Tel: +44 (0) 1622 760818 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org