Head of Student Services
- Head of Student Services
In her role as Head of Student Services, Jennie King oversees and manages a range of departments at the ESO including: Registry services; Student support, guidance and welfare; Academic quality; Admissions; Library services.
Academic and Professional Background
Jennie has worked in education for over 30 years; as a qualified teacher of 5 -13 year olds, working in schools in Tower Hamlets (London), Medway, Maidstone, Ashford and Folkestone (Kent) and as a Headteacher from 2005. Latterly, Jennie was the Executive Principal across two Primary Schools in Folkestone.
Qualifications & Further Awards/Achievements
- Combined Geography and Bachelor of Education honours degree (5-13yrs)
- MEd in the Management of Change
- NPQH (National Professional Qualification for Headteachers)
“Having always had an interest in more holistic approaches to health and well-being, fulfilling my role as Academic Registrar enables me to both remain in education and extend my understanding of osteopathy. I also like to keep up with new educational theories and policies and leadership development”
- Gardening and all things outdoors
- Keeping fit
- Crochet – teaching and as a hobby
- Cooking and a variety of different crafts
- Charity Support: Alzheimer’s Society and Demelza Hospice Care for Children