The UK Government and NHS are working to provide lots of information about Covid-19 and what to do if you think you have symptoms. This page gives you a brief overview of the information available.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (Covid-19) as advised by the NHS are as follows:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Most people will experience at least 1 of these symptoms.
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus
- Self-isolate along with any other house members until you have your test results
- Please do not come to campus.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the ESO that you are experiencing symptoms
Not sure about your symptoms?
If you are worried or unsure about the symptoms that you have you can check your symptoms.
- Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Some people are at higher risk from coronavirus, including people with health conditions. There are different categories of risk. If you fall into any of these categories, please inform, for staff, the Head of Human Resources and, for students, the Student Welfare Officer.
- Hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing is difficult
- Space – stay 2 metres apart
Your health and wellbeing is important at a time like this. Outside of the services and support offered at the ESO there are many places to seek additional support and advice: